Item : Unorderable
Product is also part of bundle(s) below:
|Mall Price: US$ 0.00|
FREE when ordered online!
OpenLinux Lite includes a full-featured Linux operating system
and hundreds of megabytes of additional software, including a 90-day
evaluation of Caldera's GUI Desktop utility, the Apache web server,
and much more!
The first CD ordered online is FREE.
If you will order more than one, or if you will order by phone, see the
below. Shipping charges will apply.
|Size (in):||5.25"x 5.25"x .15"|
Obsolete: This product has been replaced by a
Note: Many customers prefer the additional software, tech support,
manual, and other great extras that come with
OpenLinux Base and
In order to take advantage of this special
offer, you must order online! CDs ordered by
email, phone, fax, or postal mail will cost $9.95.
Shipping charges will apply.
Please see "Limitations, Terms & Conditions"
Only the first Free CD of any kind in an order
is free. The 2nd through 9th CDs will cost $3.00 each.
Order 10-99: $2.50 each; order 100-499: $2.00 each; order 500-999: $1.50
each; order 1000 or more: $1.00 each.
If you order by a method other than our Web server, we must charge the
retail price of $9.95 for the first CD.
- Intel-based PC, 386, 486, or Pentium;
- 8 MB RAM (16 MB recommended for graphical use);
- 50-500 MB free hard disk space (including swap partition),
240 for a default installation;
- VGA or better graphics card and mouse for graphical use;
- CD-ROM (local or network-accessible) for installation.
- Two blank floppy diskettes to create install diskettes.
Caldera OpenLinux Lite is a complete, easy-to-install Linux operating system, with a 90-day evaluation of Caldera's
OpenLinux Lite is a freely available evaluation of the OpenLinux family of products.
OpenLinux Lite is also designed for use by book and software publishers who wish to provide
a commercially stable Linux offering in their books and products. With OpenLinux Lite
- Full-featured Linux operating systems and hundreds of megabytes of free software
- 90 Day evaluation of the easy-to-use, full-featured graphical Desktop with drag and
drop execution environment with comprehensive file typing
- Caldera's enhanced installation utility
- Apache web server fully installed
- CriSPLite text editor
- Easy-to-follow, quick installation with menu-based choices and auto-detection of
your hardware make installation a snap on most systems.
- Real multi-tasking runs many text or graphical applications at once; no application can cause another to crash, unlike
less robust systems.
- The Linux 2.0 kernel gives super-fast TCP/IP access to the internet, plus loadable device drivers, for the most
efficient use of your system resources.
- Easy-to-follow, quick installation with menu-based choices and auto-detection of your hardware make installation a
snap on most systems. The Getting Started Guide (included) provides a step-by-step illustrated procedure, with
No other Linux system includes this complete, integrated Desktop interface with configuration tools and graphical editor
(shown at right). Its powerful drag-and-drop capabilities come pre-configured with thousands of icons and application
settings. The Desktop provides a convenient place where you can store your favorite programs and data files for instant
access. The Desktop gives you:
- Drag-and-drop launching of programs with
- An integrated graphical text editor.
- Easy access to an array of powerful system
- A configurable icon bar, custom layouts, and
- Powerful file management using
drag-and-drop or graphical dialogs.
Linux is already one of the most popular platforms on
the Internet. Caldera OpenLinux Lite is the ideal
platform to learn about and work on the Internet. All
the client and server tools you need are included:
Menu-Based, Easy-To-Use Installation
- Netscape Navigator Worldwide Web browser
- Worldwide Web Apache server
- FTP client and server
- Usenet news client and server
- Email client and gateway/server
- Full NFS client and server
- Perl, C++ and other CGI scripting languages
- Graphical text editor for easy HTML authoring
OpenLinux Lite is a snap to install. In fact, most systems can be running in about 30 minutes. And if you need to change the
configuration of your system, the same user-friendly interface walks you through all the steps.
Add-On Products Make Your Work Easier
- Separate modules are loaded and configured for most hardware, saving system resources and preventing hardware
- Package-based installation lets you choose a default set of packages to install, or specify tools to any level of
detail--then add or remove packages later if you choose!
- Multiple-language installation, time zone selection, and different keyboards are all included.
- You can automatically set-up a "dual-boot" system to use both OpenLinux Lite and another operating system, like
Caldera OpenLinux Lite lets you add other productivity tools to make your work easier. For example, WordPerfect and
CorelDraw, ADABAS D, and Wabi are all available in native Caldera Linux versions. Wabi, lets you run the most popular
Windows 3.1 applications on your OpenLinux system. Contact your Caldera reseller for details about add-on products.
We strive to offer the best prices and availability to our customers. However, because the computer industry changes so rapidly, our prices and/or product availability may sometimes fluctuate. If your order will be placed at a later time, please check back to confirm price and availability.